How to Choose the Right Tiling Contractor near Kenai Alaska
You may have a project that requires the skills of a professional tile installer near Kenai AK, but how do you choose the right contractor? Obviously you want to locate installers that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your newly installed floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your family, friends and neighbors. But how do you start? A skilled residential or commerciall tiling installer can be a one person business or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only services your area, but has an outstanding reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your convenience and protection, you should be able to receive quotes either by email, phone or in person from installers before making your decision. This ensures that you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s review a few things that you must consider before choosing a tiling installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Kenai AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Kenai AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Kenai AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Kenai or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Kenai AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Kenai AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Tile Installation in Kenai Alaska?
If you live in Kenai AK and are looking for some reputable pre-screened tiling contractors, following is some background information about your hometown that you may find interesting and useful.
Kenai (/ˈkiːnaɪ/, KEY-nigh) (Dena'ina: Shk'ituk't) is a city in the Kenai Peninsula Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. The population was 7,100 as of the 2010 census, up from 6,942 in 2000.
The city of Kenai is named after the local Dena'ina (Tanaina) word 'ken' or 'kena', which means 'flat, meadow, open area with few trees; base, low ridge', according to the Dena'ina Topical Dictionary by James Kari, Ph.D., published in 2007. This describes the area along the mouth and portion of the Kenai River near the City of Kenai. Archaeological evidence suggests that the area was first occupied by the Kachemak people from 1000 B.C., until they were displaced by the Dena'ina Athabaskan people around 1000 A.D. Before the arrival of the Russians, Kenai was a Dena'ina village called Shk'ituk't, meaning "where we slide down." When Russian fur traders first arrived in 1741, about 1,000 Dena'ina lived in the village. The traders called the people "Kenaitze", which is a Russian term for "people of the flats", or "Kenai people". This name was later adopted when they were incorporated as the Kenaitze Indian Tribe in the early 1970s.
In 1786 Pytor Zaikov built Fort Nikolaevskaia for the Lebedev-Lastochkin Company on the site of modern Kenai, being the first European settlement on the Alaskan mainland. Hostilities surfaced between the natives and settlers in 1797, culminating in an incident in which the Dena'ina attacked Fort St. Nicholas, later dubbed the battle of Kenai. Over one hundred deaths occurred from all involved parties. Later, in 1838, the introduction of smallpox killed one half of the Dena'ina population.
Floor Tiles Installers Kenai AK
Finding the right Kenai AK tile installation contractor is easier than you think! Just request your free estimates from this website now. You originally came to our website because you were interested in Floor Tiles Installers. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
More Awesome Locations in Alaska