How to Find the Right Tile Installer near Livingston Alabama
There may come a time when you will need the services of a professional tile installer near Livingston AL, but just how do you select the right contractor? Of course you want to locate contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also artisans that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to display your newly installed kitchen backsplash, floor or shower stall tiling to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled commercial or residentiall tiling installer can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your convenience and protection, you must be able to obtain estimates either by phone, email or in person from installers before making your selection. That way you will know how much the project costs prior to the start of any work. So let’s review some things that you should consider before selecting a tiling contractor.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Livingston AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Livingston AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Livingston AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Livingston or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Livingston AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Livingston AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Tile Installation in Livingston Alabama?
If you live in Livingston AL and are looking for some reputable pre-screened tiling contractors, following is some background information about your hometown that you may find interesting and useful.
Livingston is a city in Sumter County, Alabama, United States. By an act of the state legislature, it was incorporated on January 10, 1835. At the 2010 census the population was 3,485, up from 3,297 in 2000. The city is the county seat of Sumter County, and the home of the University of West Alabama. It was named in honor of Edward Livingston, of the Livingston family of New York.
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 3,485 people residing in the city. 63.8% were African American, 34.4% White, 0.1% Native American, 0.3% Asian, <0.1% Pacific Islander and 0.6% of two more races. 0.7% were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,297 people, 1,368 households, and 731 families residing in the city. The population density was 463.1 people per square mile (178.8/km²). There were 1,586 housing units at an average density of 222.8 per square mile (86.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 60.78% Black or African American, 37.82% White or Caucasian, 0.18% Asian, 0.15% Native American, 0.30% from other races, and 0.76% from two or more races. 1.43% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Granite Tile Installers Livingston AL
Finding the right Livingston AL tile installation contractor is easier than you think! Just request your free estimates from this website now. You originally came to our website because you were interested in Granite Tile Installers. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
More Awesome Locations in Alabama