How to Find the Right Tile Contractor near Jewell Georgia
On occasion you may need the services of a professional tile installer near Jewell GA, but just how do you select the best contractor? Of course you want to locate contractors that are not only experienced working with porcelain, ceramic or natural stone tile, but who are also artisans that will deliver an attractive finished product. You should be proud to show off your newly installed floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? An experienced residential or commerciall tiling contractor can be a one man business or part of a larger tile or home improvement company. But the highest priority is to find someone who not only services your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your convenience and protection, you should be able to receive estimates either by email, phone or in person from contractors before making your decision. That way you will know how much the project costs prior to the start of any work. So let’s take a look at a few things that you must consider before selecting a tiling installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Jewell GA tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Jewell GA, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Jewell GA tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Georgia, as well as Jewell or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Georgia Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Jewell GA tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Georgia references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Jewell GA home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Tile Installation in Jewell Georgia?
If you live in Jewell GA and are looking for some reputable pre-screened tiling contractors, following is some background information about your hometown that you may find interesting and useful.
Richard Allensworth Jewell (born Richard White; December 17, 1962 – August 29, 2007) was an American police officer and security guard. While working as a security guard for AT&T, he became known in connection with the Centennial Olympic Park bombing at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. Discovering a backpack filled with three pipe bombs on the park grounds, Jewell alerted police and helped to evacuate the area before the bomb exploded, saving many people from injury or death. Initially hailed by the media as a hero, Jewell was later considered a suspect. Jewell's case is considered an example of the damage that can be done by media reporting based on unreliable or incomplete information.
Despite never being charged, he underwent a "trial by media" with great toll on his personal and professional life. Jewell was eventually completely exonerated, and Eric Rudolph was later found to have been the bomber. In 2006, Governor Sonny Perdue publicly thanked Jewell on behalf of the State of Georgia for saving the lives of those at the Olympics. Jewell died on August 29, 2007 of heart failure from complications of diabetes at age 44.
Jewell was born Richard White in Danville, Georgia, the son of Bobi, an insurance claims co-ordinator, and Robert Earl White, who worked for Chevrolet. Richard's parents divorced when he was four. His mother remarried, to John Jewell, an insurance executive, who adopted Richard. Jewell was married to Dana Jewell.
Travertine Tile Installers Jewell GA
Finding the right Jewell GA tile installation contractor is easier than you think! Just request your free estimates from this website now. You originally came to our website because you were interested in Travertine Tile Installers. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
More Awesome Locations in Georgia