How to Choose the Right Tiling Contractor near Wallace North Carolina
You may have a project that requires the talents of a professional tile installer near Wallace NC, but just how do you choose the best contractor? Of course you want to locate contractors that are not only experienced working with porcelain, ceramic or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will provide an attractive finished product. You should be proud to display your new kitchen backsplash, floor or shower stall tiling to your friends, family and neighbors. But how do you start? An experienced residential or commerciall tiling contractor can be a one man business or part of a larger tile or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to locate someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and affordable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to obtain quotes either by email, phone or in your home from installers before making your decision. That way you will know how much the project will cost prior to the start of any work. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before selecting a tiling installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Wallace NC tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Wallace NC, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Wallace NC tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in North Carolina, as well as Wallace or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the North Carolina Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Wallace NC tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check North Carolina references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Wallace NC home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Tile Installation in Wallace North Carolina?
If you live in Wallace NC and are looking for some reputable pre-screened tiling contractors, following is some background information about your hometown that you may find interesting and useful.
Wallace, North Carolina
Wallace is located in southern Duplin County at 34°44′14″N 77°59′41″W / 34.73722°N 77.99472°W / 34.73722; -77.99472 (34.737248, -77.994627). The town limits extend south into Pender County.
U.S. Route 117 passes through the center of town, leading north 19 miles (31 km) to Warsaw and south 15 miles (24 km) to Burgaw. North Carolina Highway 41 crosses US 117 in the center of Wallace, and leads northeast 14 miles (23 km) to Chinquapin and west 14 miles (23 km) to Harrells. Interstate 40 passes east of Wallace, with access from Exit 390 (US 117 4 miles (6 km) south of town) and Exit 385 (NC 41 3 miles (5 km) east of town). I-40 leads south 44 miles (71 km) to Wilmington and north 89 miles (143 km) to Raleigh.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,344 people, 1,329 households, and 862 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,299.5 people per square mile (502.4/km²). There were 1,440 housing units at an average density of 559.6 per square mile (216.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 55.65% White, 28.26% African American, 0.06% Native American, 0.24% Asian, 14.06% from other races, and 1.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 18.18% of the population.
Marble Tile Installers Wallace NC
Finding the right Wallace NC tile installation contractor is easier than you think! Just request your free estimates from this website now. You originally came to our website because you were interested in Marble Tile Installers. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
More Awesome Locations in North Carolina