How to Select the Right Tile Installer near Little Compton Rhode Island
You may have a project that requires the talents of a professional tile installer near Little Compton RI, but how do you select the best contractor? Of course you want to locate installers that are not only experienced working with porcelain, ceramic or natural stone tile, but who are also artisans that will provide an attractive finished product. You want to be proud to display your new kitchen backsplash, floor or shower stall tiling to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commerciall tiling installer can be a one person business or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only services your area, but has an outstanding reputation for quality work at competitive and affordable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you must be able to receive estimates either by email, phone or in your home from contractors before making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost prior to the start of any work. So let’s review some things that you must consider before selecting a tiling contractor.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Little Compton RI tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Little Compton RI, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Little Compton RI tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Rhode Island, as well as Little Compton or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Rhode Island Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Little Compton RI tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Rhode Island references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Little Compton RI home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Tile Installation in Little Compton Rhode Island?
If you live in Little Compton RI and are looking for some reputable pre-screened tiling contractors, following is some background information about your hometown that you may find interesting and useful.
Little Compton, Rhode Island
Little Compton was originally inhabited by the Sakonnet Indians. The name has been interpreted in a variety of ways including "where the water pours forth". The first Colonial settlers in Little Compton were from Duxbury, Massachusetts in the Plymouth Colony, which granted them their charter. They divided the land into lots of standard sizes and began settling there. Among these 32 original proprietors was Colonel Benjamin Church, who was well known for his role in the late 17th-century conflicts with surrounding Indian tribes, notably the Narragansetts and Wampanoags. In 1675, Church built his homestead in Little Compton, just prior to King Philip's War. Today, a plaque on the side of West Main Road gives the location of his original homestead.
In 1682, Sakonnet was incorporated by the Plymouth Colony and renamed Little Compton, probably in reference to Cullompton, Devon, England. By 1747, Little Compton secured its own royal decree and was annexed to Newport County as a part of Rhode Island along with Tiverton and Bristol. All probate and land records prior to 1746 can be found in Taunton and New Bedford, Massachusetts because Little Compton was once part of the Plymouth Colony.
Sites of historic interest in Little Compton include the Wilbor House, built in 1692 by Samuel Wilbore and now the home of the Little Compton Historical Society. The entire town commons is also on the National Register of Historic Places. There are about 57 historic cemeteries in the town. Benjamin Church and his family are buried in the Little Compton Commons cemetery, as is Elizabeth Pabodie, the eldest daughter of John Alden and Priscilla Mullins of Mayflower fame. The stones in the cemetery reflect a style of carving similar to that found both in Newport and in Boston during the same time period.
Tiling Companies Little Compton RI
Finding the right Little Compton RI tile installation contractor is easier than you think! Just request your free estimates from this website now. You originally came to our website because you were interested in Tiling Companies. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
More Awesome Locations in Rhode Island