How to Pick the Right Tile Company near Whitehall Wisconsin
You may have a project that requires the talents of a professional tile installer near Whitehall WI, but how do you select the right contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with porcelain, ceramic or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will provide an attractive finished product. You should be proud to show off your newly installed floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your family, friends and neighbors. But how do you begin? A skilled residential or commerciall tiling installer can be a one person business or part of a larger tile or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only services your area, but has an outstanding reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your convenience and protection, you should be able to receive quotes either by email, phone or in your home from contractors prior to making your decision. This ensures that you will know how much the project costs prior to the start of any work. So let’s review a few things that you should consider before hiring a tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Whitehall WI tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Whitehall WI, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Whitehall WI tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Wisconsin, as well as Whitehall or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Wisconsin Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Whitehall WI tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Wisconsin references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Whitehall WI home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Tile Installation in Whitehall Wisconsin?
If you live in Whitehall WI and are looking for some reputable pre-screened tiling contractors, following is some background information about your hometown that you may find interesting and useful.
Whitehall was started in 1860 or 1861, in an area later known as Old Whitehall about a mile from the center of the current city, by Ole Knudtson. He came to Whitehall June 25, 1860, and opened a hotel and blacksmith shop. The proprietors of the town site were Benjamin Franklin Wing and Mr. Georges. A post office called Whitehall was first established in 1861. The city was named by Benjamin F. Wing, possibly after White Hall, Illinois and Whitehall, New York.
The Green Bay railroad was built through the valley of the Trempealeau River in 1873. "The tracks were laid through the wheat field that is now Whitehall, on Sept. 2, 1873. ... Where the courthouse now stands, the harvesters were gathering wheat. ... On New Year's Day, 1874, the first passenger train passed Whitehall on regular schedule. That same day the lumber was unloaded for the first depot ..." Whitehall was incorporated in 1887.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,558 people, 665 households, and 382 families residing in the city. The population density was 556.4 inhabitants per square mile (214.8/km2). There were 741 housing units at an average density of 264.6 per square mile (102.2/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 96.9% White, 0.4% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 1.5% from other races, and 0.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.2% of the population.
Tile Floor Repair Whitehall WI
Finding the right Whitehall WI tile installation contractor is easier than you think! Just request your free estimates from this website now. You originally came to our website because you were interested in Tile Floor Repair. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
More Awesome Locations in Wisconsin