How to Pick the Right Tile Installer near Dover Ohio
You may have a project that requires the services of a professional tile installer near Dover OH, but how do you choose the right contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will provide an attractive finished product. You want to be proud to display your new kitchen backsplash, floor or shower stall tiling to your family, friends and neighbors. But how do you start? An experienced commercial or residentiall tiling contractor can be a one man business or part of a larger tile or home improvement company. But the highest priority is to find someone who not only services your area, but has an outstanding reputation for quality work at competitive and affordable prices. And for your convenience and protection, you should be able to obtain estimates either by phone, email or in your home from installers prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job costs before work begins. So let’s take a look at some things that you should consider before hiring a tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Dover OH tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Dover OH, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Dover OH tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Ohio, as well as Dover or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Ohio Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Dover OH tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Ohio references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Dover OH home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Tile Installation in Dover Ohio?
If you live in Dover OH and are looking for some reputable pre-screened tiling contractors, following is some background information about your hometown that you may find interesting and useful.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.79 square miles (15.00 km2), of which 5.69 square miles (14.74 km2) is land and 0.10 square miles (0.26 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 12,826 people, 5,181 households, and 3,297 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,254.1 inhabitants per square mile (870.3/km2). There were 5,578 housing units at an average density of 980.3 per square mile (378.5/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 94.1% White, 1.1% African American, 0.6% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 0.7% Pacific Islander, 1.7% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.1% of the population.
There were 5,181 households of which 28.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.7% were married couples living together, 9.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.1% had a male householder with no wife present, and 36.4% were non-families. 31.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 2.96.
Shower Tile Installation Dover OH
Finding the right Dover OH tile installation contractor is easier than you think! Just request your free estimates from this website now. You originally came to our website because you were interested in Shower Tile Installation. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
More Awesome Locations in Ohio